The Ultimate healthy fat bomb: Morning Coffee Banana Choco Smoothie
Summer-time and ice-cream and icy coffees….dreamy right? With summer just around the corner and sunlight beginning to warm my skins, thoughts turn to delicious foods and drinks of summers past. I was recently chatting with a sista about how challenging it is for her to transition off processed sugar and dairy. OMG. I feel you, we grew up on that ish! All the yummy chesses! Luckily for you, you have me, AND– there is a way around this! Hee hee, I present you with the Nourished Woman Coffee Banana Choco Smoothie– basically ice cream in a cup– without the nasty side effects of dairy like bloat, phlegm in throat, and sugar crash. Ice cream and coffee and healthy fats: ALL MY FAVORITE THINGS!!! yes please. Are you ready? Here we go……
The journey to sustainable pleasure begins as so:
Step 1: Brew your beans
Take a few tbsps of your fave Organic decaf beans out of the freezer, grind and brew ( I like brand: Ethical Bean– decaf blend). Chill in freezer ( I put the entire french press in the freezer to chill for a bit) and begin the final part below:
Step 2: Gather the rest
Take out of freezer 1 frozen banana (start keeping peeled organic bananas in a glass container in freezer– great for so many quick and easy blended treats!) put into your blender along with
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp your FAVE organic nut/seed butter ( I use sunflower seed butter)
- 2 tbsp cacao ( Nativas is a good organic brand- Whole Foods has it)
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts and
- 1/4 cup or so of gum-free plant based milk to blend it all ( like almond or coconut)
- 1 tbsp Organika brand microfine Collagen powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax ( always store ground flax in fridge to preserve delicate fat integrity)
- 1 tbsp organic non-expeller pressed virgin coconut oil. DAMN, It’s a lot of fats I know– but they all nourish you babe! Super nutrient dense fats don’t make you ‘fat’. They provide immediate fuel actually. You’ll be full for a few hours and the fats won’t metabolize in your liver, you get to use them right away! Well damn, I’ll take that!
- Mysterious white filling you see in photo above? Optional totally: chill a can of coconut cream in fridge a few hours, crack open, whip it and layer in-between spoons of smoothie. I KNOW– next level but if you desire it, go for it!
Step 3: Blend chilled coffee with all the rest of ingredients and…..YOU’RE WELCOME. It’s seriously delicious, ice-creamy and sexy.
Optional: If you have MACA powder on hand, DEFINITELY add that little siren root powder to the mix! She’s saucey! And by that I mean– excellent for hormonal balance and feeling like the delicious amazing shakti ma powerhouse that you are! Get it girl. And guys! You can get it too– in this smoothie I mean. LOL! Enjoy!
The Nourished Woman Soul Sessions– now booking for summer!
Pssst– Did you know I offer personalized guidance on all things nourishing– from guided holistic grocery tours and pantry makeovers? Annnnd THIS above: a 4 week one-on-one mentorship VIP package, you and me deep dive for 1 whole month on feminine health and spirituality. Click here to book a complimentary discovery session or here to read more about my services. Blessed be!
Be well, be nourished, be YOU!